Thursday, November 10, 2011

What it Means to be a Nation of Immigrants

       America has been called many things. A Nation of Immigrants is one of them and I think it is the best one after "The Greatest Country in the World". The reason is because so many people from different countries come to this great land to start over and feel the pursuit of happiness. I think it has shaped the country in the greatest way possible. All the immigrants bring their greatest traits to this country which shaped it to be perfect. Something very interesting about it is that no one can really say they are all american due to the fact that their ancestors were once immigrants so no matter how hard they try, there is always going to be a part of them that is still an immigrant there is no shame in that, it is our ancestors that we get our inspirations from that help us move forward.
       After watching the films, I became more aware of myself and started to expect more from myself as well mostly due to the fact that I am the first from my family to move into the United States and the decisions i make will affect my off-springs. Even though this country became the best in the world I think me and other immigrants still have something to offer in order to make it even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment